Most Asked Questions About Wine Cellars
1. Why do I need a wine cellar?
Answer: You need a place to properly store and protect your fine wines.
2. Does my wine cellar need to be in the basement?
Answer: A wine cellar can be built where ever you can build a climate controlled room.
3. How much does a wine cellar cost?
Answer: Wine cellars vary in cost, anywhere from a few thousand dollars to, "Holy Cow, that much!"
4. Will a wine chiller do the same thing?
Answer: If you need to store just a few bottles, and want to take it with you, a wine chiller will do.
5. What is the difference between a wine room and a wine cellar?
Answer: A wine room is not climate controlled.
6. Can I store my white wines at the same temperature as my red wines? Answer: Yes for storage, then chill your white wines before serving.
7. Is there a special type of wood that is used in a wine cellar?
Answer: A non-aromatic wood is the best choice. (Redwood, Oak)
8. Can my carpenter build my wine cellar?
Answer: Yes, If your carpenter is familiar with climate controlled rooms, proper installation of racking and cooling units.
9. Do I need a special cooling unit for my wine cellar?
Answer: Yes, not just any cooling unit will do. Have a pro spec this out for your wine cellar.
10. How long will it take to build my wine cellar?
Answer: That depends on the size of your new wine cellar. The build time could be from one to four months.
Contact us for more detailed answers to these questions
and any others you may have.